Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Blog Award and a Peek

Two things on this Saturday morning...first, Lance of Crescent Hill Designs just gave me this lovely little blog award. Isn't she fabulous!!! According to Lance, I'm supposed to list 5 of my addictions and then pass the award along to five additional blog recipients. Oh dear, I have lots to select from on both accounts so here goes.....



Five Addictions:
1. Sunlight...I know, sounds silly, but I just feel better on sunny days and I love to sit and paint with the sun shining on me as I work. When the sun goes down, so does my energy so I have decided it is an addiction, but it has to help with my vitamin D level so it isn't necessarily a bad addiction in the winter months.
2. PBS...I've talked about this before. I can listen to PBS playing in the background almost all day long. I love Charlie Rose, Tavis Smiley, Frontline, NOVA, Independent Lens, etc., etc., etc. Could be worse...right?
3. Dark chocolate...this is my husbands fault.
4. The computer...I asked my husband to name one of my addictions and he told me I had it in my hands (oops)
5. Hot baths...when it is cold and icky outside I love a long hot bath.

Now, here are my blog choices that I think are pretty darn fabulous!!!
1. Designs by CK --best line work in the business
2. The Holiday Queen--out of this world blog
3. Gufobardo--I love to go see what she is up to
4. King of Mice Studios--Carolee Clark can paint up Halloween like no other
5. Chicken Lips-- David's work just makes me laugh

The second thing...well, as you know SpookyTime Jingles will be doing an update on the 13th so here is a second peek at what is coming out of my studio.

Can you believe I showed you just the backside?!!! Shame on me. There will be more peeks as the update approaches so stay tuned.

Have a great weekend!
Laurie

10 comments:

Stefania Morgante said...

wow, thank you for the award! can I put it on my blog? I love this creature...I want to see the face!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you!!!

Laurie you are SO sweet to me and I just LOVE IT!!! Don't ever stop!!! ;-P)

I love baths too & visiting your blog would also be considered one of my addictions as well!

PS: Great sneak peek...love the skelly bones!!!

Happy weekend lady!

Chris

XOXO

vintagepaletteart said...

Ooooooooooooohhhhhh........I can't wait to see him all finished Laurie!

Happy New Year! No bones about it..........sorry I couldn't help myself! =o)

Hugs,
Lori

Melissa Valeriote said...

Thank you Laurie! Looks like we share a lot of the same addictions... although I don't think I could put PBS on my list. So many addictions, so little time.

CCs Whimsies said...

Ya tease! I already know he will be FABULOUS, but I can't wait to see his unveiling on the 13th!

May this year be the best year ever! Love, Christy

Unknown said...

Love it! Happy New Year. Hope you have many sunny days and chocolate treats! Hugs, Jackie

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Miss Hardin, I just wanted to stop by and I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Can you believe that 2009 is here already. Were did 2008 go. It flashed by me to quick. I guess the older I get the quicker they go.

I can't wait to see what you will be up to in the new year. I know that it will be spectacular!!!!

Thanks for the sneek peek of the lasted piece. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Kim

GumballGrenade said...

That skelly bottom is too funny. Love your creations!

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks Laurie! I guess I would have to say Monkey Cats Studio is an addiction of mine...your work is such an inspiration to me. Best wishes for a happy, prosperous and creative new year!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg... gotta love that butt!! hugs, robin