Saturday, January 24, 2009

Okay, I Am "Fessing" Up!!!

I have to admit I haven't done a new post in over a week because I was in southern New Mexico and Tucson, Arizona this past week. Below is my husband, that grew tired of the cold, and booked us with a wonderful B&B just outside of the east Saguaro National Park called Hacienda del Desierto. This is one of the best bed and breakfast facilities I have ever been at. The couple that own and run this wonderful hacienda (10 acres) are former school teachers with perfect personalities to run a B&B and have such a great knowledge of the Tucson area they made our experience much richer then prior trips we have had to Tucson. The day started with baked fruit each morning, which was just delicious, and then we were asked what we would like to do for the day...they always had suggestions and recommendations plus they would grab a map and highlighter to guide us to our destinations. (Oh, and they also share recipes.) They provide you with slippers and robes for the outdoor spa and open their 1200 sq. ft. commons area for guests to use any time of the day for use during the stay. David and Rosemary have lived in Tucson over 30 years and are very special people ... if you too grow tired of the cold and need a retreat you need to give them a call!!!!


Kelly is holding the door open for me as we enter into the center courtyard. We were warned to close and latch the door because of a herd of javelinas. Now, I have seen countless photos of baby javelinas that look like cute small pigs, but I wasn't aware the adults got as big as the 10 we had outside of the fence on the second night. They dig at the base of plants uprooting things to eat so they really don't want them in the courtyard or back fenced patio. They were fun to watch lounge on the gravel as though they owned the place and smelled us because their eye sight is rather poor.


I think they are really curious animals that I was glad to see from a distance and with a fence between us.


The center courtyard has a running fountain and tables and chairs to lounge in...it was 86 degrees while we were there so the center courtyard was nice because it was cooler than the second patio found on the south side of the commons area. The south patio had hummingbirds, doves, a cactus wren and a roadrunner that came daily to drink or bathe in the mist of the second fountain.


This was our daily view out of our living room window into the center courtyard. The door in this picture is the door that led you to the dining/common use area.

I did check some mail so I wasn't too far behind when we got home, however, we arrived home and it is 11 degrees...there is just no way to express how I really feel about that in this blog!

Happy Creating and stay warm!!
Laurie

11 comments:

Cassie said...

That looks like a lovely place to stay! How sweet of your husband to whisk you away for a little warm R&R! I believe that those wild little pigs would freak me out!

Melissa Valeriote said...

Sounds and looks absolutely wonderful!

Misty's Creations said...

laurie,
If I'd known you would be in Tucson I would have told you to stop in my Barber shop/art gallery (Sweeney's Barber Shop) next time. The weather has been beautiful. The B&B looks lovely, isn't it fun how we never explore our own back yards! Glad you had a great time!
Misty

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Oh Laurie! What a beautiful place! My goodness...I wouldn't want to leave! Sounds like a wonderful pampering...and you deserve it girl! So glad you had the chance to get away!

Enchanted Blessings,
Joycee

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hey Lady!

I was wondering where you had gone off too! Glad you were able to get away for some much needed "warmer" R&R!

BUT glad you are back!!!

Spring is just around the corner!!!

Best,
Chris :-)

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Oh thank you all...it was a great week of just getting some sun and warming our weary bones. It was really tough to have a margarita on the patio and watch the stars in short sleeves.

I had an orange I picked while we were in Arizona for breakfast this morning and looking at it snow just made me sad...that and the fact we are 70 degrees cooler here then we were just 2 days ago. UGH!!!

Today I'm doing our trip laundry so I guess that means the vacation is really over! (sigh, and said with a slight whine)

Have a great week!
Laurie

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Sounds wonderful Laurie! Your pics are great. The Sun just feels so good sometimes..That's why I like living in the desert!
Candy

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Lucky girl! Looks wonderful. What I wouldn't give for just one day of 80 degree weather!
Glad you had a good time and got some nice rest. J

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Candy,
I envy you where you live. I think I'm just a warmer weather girl. The older I get the more I dislike the biting cold!!

Janell,
Yes I know I'm lucky to have had last week in warmer weather. I just keep replaying short sleeves in my head this week! HA!

Laurie

Chicken Lips said...

Laurie - I've stayed there myself and I love it! Tucson is one of my very favorite places to visit. I also encountered Javalina when I was there...an entire herd of them! I was found myself smack dab in the center of a herd of about 15 of them when I went out for an evening stroll! And I left my camera in the room....ugh!!!

Diana said...

WOW, are you one talented gal!!! I am in AWE...I so admire people like you, who put your heart and sould into your work...and that B&B, now THAT is my idea of a vacation!! Blessings, Diana