Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Pumpkin Bunnies are Coming!!

I told you last month that there were a number of Pumpkin Bunnies that helped the Easter Rabbit with delivery of all of the lovely confections we loved as children (and some of us still love as adults) on Easter morning. Here are two more of the sweet little fellows that will be coming up on SpookyTime Jingles in February. I realize they don't look like much without paint, and their Easter baskets aren't shown with them in these photos, but I think it is fun to share part of the process with you coming out of my strange little mind.


These two boys are twins, Jake and Jack, one being left-handed and the other right-handed. As they have gotten older and developed their individual personalities they prefer not to dress identically, so Jake curled the tip of one bunny ear on his headband down, and you will also notice he has larger hands and arms...he goes to the gym. I'm planning on painting them in similar palettes, but they won't be painted the same as I am honoring their request. (Just teasing!)
Since they are Easter/Halloween crossover pieces they will be in pastels.


Jack holding an egg in his left hand and his basket will be hanging from his right hand.


Grinning Jake holds his egg in his right hand and his basket will be hanging from his left hand. Both figures are 16" tall to the tip of their highest ear.

The pieces will be listed individually so if someone chooses to adopt one pumpkin bunny and not the other they can do so.

Hope you enjoyed the peek!! Have a great day and happy creating!
Laurie

7 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi ya Laurie!

CUTE pumpkin bunnies. Hehe

Glad you enjoyed my funny, & thought I'd better put a RECENT picture of myself on my blog! LOL '-)

Now worries on the following, I thought it was funny! Just giving you a hard time. :-P)

Hope this note finds you well!

PS: I just do a little each day to stay on top of things & keep things moving forward.

SpOOky Best,
Chris (-:

Unknown said...

Laurie,

I love to see your artwork in the raw. It really makes imaginations run wild with anticipation of what will happen next.

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

~Tonya said...

LOVE the WIP in progess pics Laurie. I am glad that you had a nice break...looks awesome!

I can't wait to see the EGG shaped one below this post, well can't wait to see ALL of them.

You are just one talented gal.

Take care.
Hugs,
~Tonya

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

Laurie, those crazy things make me scream! They are so funny. Can't wait to see them in living color... ~PJ

Cassie said...

OH, I can't wait to see these guys come to life!

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Oh My! They're wonderful Laurie! Can't wait to see them finished! I love to see your WIP pics!

Enchanted Blessings,
Joycee

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thanks everyone!! Such a generous group and I do appreciate you stopping by in your busy schedules.

I finished sculpting a skelly bunny yesterday so I will post him either today or tomorrow. He is an odd looking little thing trying to follow the pumpkin boys into Easter.

Wow, STJ is quickly approaching and I am not near done with anything yet and haven't used a drop of paint....YIKES!! Guess I will have some long days this next week.

Hope you all have had a good week!!
Laurie