Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Belly Bunny

I hadn't done a silly bunny yet this year so I thought I'd better correct that by creating a new bunny for 2009. This is "Belly Bunny," a distant relative of The Easter Rabbit. Unfortunately for this little guy, he has a sweet tooth for all things chocolate and loves those fabulous little Jelly Belly jelly beans. Originally they gave him the nickname, "Jelly", but as his tummy got larger and larger as he worked in quality control overseeing Easter treats, they changed his nickname to "Belly." He doesn't mind, he just tops his round little belly with a beautiful bow tie (covered in German glass glitter of course) and he is off to work to find a new jelly bean or chocolate to start his day.

His body is painted like an Easter egg and he has a little tail popping out the back.
"Belly Bunny" no longer delivers confections on Easter morning...he lets the Pumpkin Bunnies handle that now while he lounges and enjoys a Peep.

Have a great day and happy creating!!
Laurie

15 comments:

Halloween Fanatic said...

I L-O-V-E this little guy. Will he be going up for S-A-L-E soon?? Robert

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Robert! Yes, this little guy will be on STJ this month...so he is for S-A-L-E.
Laurie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

LOVE the glittered bow Laurie!

Hope you are having a nice week.

Chris (-:

PEA said...

He is just the cutest Laurie! Omg got to sell the kids cause I be wanting that! LOL A guy with a sweet tooth is my kind of guy.
ADORABLE!
Pea

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

He is wonderful! Oh, the colors are perfect. Love those ears. He is fabulous! ~PJ

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Chris,
I'm getting into the glitter a bit more and he needed a special
"something", so the sparkle went onto the bow tie. I got three new colors of glitter so I had to use them!! HA

Pea,
Don't ever let the kids read your blogging--TEE HEE! Thanks for the compliment--Belly Bunny thanks you too!

PJ,
I love making rabbit ears and I needed to get at least one bunny done this year so he may be it. The colors didn't turn out too bad after the glazing. They were a little to intense for me prior to the brown glaze being added.

Thank you for liking Belly Bunny...he really wanted you to think he was special.
Laurie

Unknown said...

I love it...awesome story line..love the roundness...like my hubby ha ha ha

smiles,

sonia;)

~dani~ said...

He is soo sweetly wonderful!! Well done!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Sonia,
Thank you girl...he is a round little thing but I guess jelly beans and chocolate tasting all day long doesn't make us long and lean. HA!

Thank you for stopping by!

Dani,
Thank you lady!! Annie's glitter sure perked up his appearance. Thanks for putting me on to the glass glitter.

Laurie

Ginny Diezel said...

Laurie, I think we are all in love with him!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Ginny...I'm glad you love this chubby little bunny. He needs some lovin'!!

Laurie

Leah's Art Magic said...

Cute expression Laurie! His sparkle bow is great! He's a bunny after my own heart, I love Jelly Belly beans!

Leah

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Leah, and thank you for commenting. Doesn't everybody love a good jelly bean?! I don't dare buy them because I will eat a few, eat a few more and suddenly the whole bag is gone!! Jelly Belly's are my favorite, but good ole' jelly beans still are near and dear to my heart (in my belly).
Laurie

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Geez Laurie..Every time I pop over here I see a piece that I think is my fav of yours, then I see the next one..LOL
This is AWESOME!
Candy

Annie said...

He is too stinkin cute!..The glitter sure gives him that little extra "pop"...Too cute Laurie!!

Annie