Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bunnies and Eggs

I have been painting on a group of paper-mache "wabbits" the last two weeks and finished up last night by putting them on the counter with a group of porcelain eggs for a possible photo shoot this morning. I've been fighting a wicked head cold so I was a little fuzzy while doing this. Let's face it, I was more focused about getting into bed. When I walked in for my morning cup of coffee today, the partially painted "Bunnicula", as William referred to him, just made me laugh. I hadn't even realized last night that he looked like he was making a Halloween egg offering to me on the counter. You know me and Halloween, anything amuses me. I think he was trying to tell me something....like, "get back to your Halloween pieces already!" I think I shall pay attention.



Which leads me to an announcement regarding my Halloween work.......I will be going to the Ghoultide Gathering show in Michigan, Saturday, October 2, this year!! I was very excited to be invited to the Michigan show and look forward to meeting you there. Make your plans, this is going to be an awesome show filled with wonderful artists from across the country!!!

The sad part is I will not be returning to California to the Halloween and Vine show, which I loved last year. Petaluma is gorgeous and the show partners are terrific, so even though I would like to believe they will miss me, the talent will be such that my absence will not even be noticed. Put them both on your calendars....these are don't miss Halloween shows!!!

Back to work for me....I see I still have plenty to paint!
Laurie

9 comments:

magikalseasons said...

Wonderful spring things and a little spooky too1 I missed last Ghoultide but I am going to make it this year. Look forward to seeing you there. I'm sure your talent will be missed at Halloween and Vine! :) Becca

Unknown said...

Laurie...I love him..LOL soooo cute..the detail is always great. And who wouldnt miss you? Ha...they will

xoxoxo

Lisa said...

I feel like hopping! They are so spring-ee! Sure puts one in the mood,well except for the fangs, and when it's this cold out we could all use it.

Lisa

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

My Goodness you have been busy. These new bunnies and eggs are just so freaking adorable. I so love coming here to say hello and see what your imagination has been doing! Have a great weekend.
Cheers

By Way of Salem said...

Oh you're wabbit is so wovely! And Ghoultide is just so cool - yay for you!!! You go girl!

Mila said...

Oh my...your bunny is soooo cute!!!
Have a wonderful week-end
Hugs,
Mila :)

Unknown said...

Laurie, I'm sure they will miss you at H&V, but congratulations on Ghoultide because they are really lucky to have you! ~ YAY!

Lori

Christopher A. Klingler said...

CUTE & very creative Laurie! '-)

Popping in 4 a belated howdy. :-)

SpOOky CK (-:

Chicken Lips said...

Love that vampire wabbit! I know just what you mean...I've been making bunnies for the last 3 weeks and am itching to get back to making Halloween!

Congratulations on the Ghoultide show! And you will MOST definitely be missed at H & V!