Monday, February 22, 2010

Ewing's Sarcoma

Recently, Janell Berryman received a note asking her for help from a good friend whose son is suffering from Ewing's Sarcoma. I contacted Janell last week and she gave me permission to pass this on.
Below is Janell's post:

Below is a copy of an email that I received this past weekend. Kenn is a dear friend of mine who's son has cancer. His son's name is Sam. Sam is battling Ewing's sarcoma. Please read and if you have any information to share in regard to this cancer type please email Kenn at the address below.
Thank you~ Janell

I am sending this to everyone that I know.
Sam, my son, has cancer. Specifically, Ewing's sarcoma.
It started with a tumor on his hip and has metastasized (spred) to the lungs.
He is being treated at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.Two different chemo protocols have been tried and not worked. Stanford is at a loss for a cure.

I am searching for anyone that may have an answer.
Do you know of anyone with this type of cancer that has been treated?
Do you know anyone in volved in the field that may have some insight?
Do you know anyone that may be able to help Sam?

Please contact me with any information at
sam@callahan-group.com
or 408-202-5800.
Please forward this to everyone you know because Sam does not want to give up! ...hope and faith are all we have.

If you know of anything that can give this family hope, please email them at the address above. I believe in miracles and hope you do to.
Laurie

4 comments:

yoborobo said...

Oh, Laurie - that is so sad. I will pray for Sam, and I hope someone knows something/someons that can help his family. xoxo Pam

Suzie said...

Laurie, it so happens that we are in Rochester, MN, and are headed off to the Mayo Clinic in just a few minutes. I'll stop at their reference room to see what they have available. Hopefully, they'll have something beyond what this family knows already.

I wish that I could do more.

Anonymous said...

UCSF Clinics & Centers
Cancer & Blood Disease

Oncology Clinic
400 Parnassus Ave., Suite 101
San Francisco, CA 94143
Phone: (415) 476-3831
Fax: (415) 502-4372
Appointment information
Orthopedic Oncology
1600 Divisadero St., Fourth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94115
Phone: (415) 885-3800
Fax: (415) 885-3802
Appointment information
Treatment Center
400 Parnassus Ave., Suite A101
San Francisco, CA 94143-0134
Phone: (415) 353-2584
Fax: (415) 353-2600
Appointment information
Our Experts
Ewing's Sarcoma Doctors & Nurses

Patient Services

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

thank you for re-posting this Laurie. Big hugs to you~~~~~