Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
Had a wife but couldn't keep her;
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well.

I love this old nursery rhyme and and gave it a Monkey-Cats twist and turned Peter and his wife into pumpkin figures.  

For those of you unfamiliar with my work, my figures are hand-sculpted of paper mache, painted in acrylic paint and sealed with a matte polymer varnish.  This figure stands 15.5" tall and measures 7" in width.  The figure will come signed, numbered and dated.

 As part of the EHAG Emporium Challenge, I will be offering Peter and his wife for sale at 9 p.m. (ET)  tomorrow night, April 30th.  I will sell the work to the first collector to email me after the Emporium opens with the price of the piece in the subject line.


 I hope you like my little interpretation of the nursery rhyme!!


Thank you for your consideration!
Laurie

No comments: